Okay White people! Listen up! A Black Lives Leaders has DEMANDS, so we should do them because we’re all awful awful evil icky racists… or something like that.
Shall we review? (Go make yourself a drink first. You’ll need it. I’ll wait)
Ok! You ready for this? Remember, this is not satire. This is 100% real. She wants you to do this.
The original post is by Chanelle Helm, “cofounder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter Louisville,” and yes, she includes links to her PayPal account, because of course she does. She deserves your money. Duh.
So yes. Let’s review:
Some things I’m thinking about that should change:
1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
Hold up, hold up…. Why?
2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
Believe it or not, not all white people have a Great Aunt Beatrice who plans to will them a mansion. I know, I know…. it goes against everything you believed about white people.
Additionally, money trees don’t exist…even for white people. Shocking, I know.
3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
I can’t take how effing stupid this is. Give me a reason they should do this. Give me a reason “black and brown” people deserve free housing over others…. just for the color of their skin. Does being black or brown mean you can’t figure out how to pay for your on housing? Isn’t it kind of racist to assume black and brown people need “saving” by white people?
I’m half hispanic, should I get a 50% discount on my rent? NOPE. I WORK FOR MY MONEY AND YOU CAN TOO.
4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
That home you’ve worked your ass off to provide for your family? Yup. Just hand it over. Black people want it.
5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
According to you, ALL white people are racist assholes, so this is pretty redundant. And….no.
6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
I, a white person, clip coupons to afford the rent on my one-bedroom apartment and an occasional vacation. I do not own any land. Please allow me to “re-budget” my life so YOU can buy land. Totally fair. Makes total sense.
7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
SOMEONE FIRE MOCK AND DAISY IMMEDIATELY. OMG.
PS Why did she start talking like this all of a sudden?
8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
Not trying to be difficult here, but this may really affect the contributions to that land purchasing fund….
Also, she’s still talking like this? Why the switch? It’s their. Get THEIR ass fired.
9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
Get violent. Got it. Two sides? Nope. Just one violent side. Right? Right.
10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
I’m not sure I know what this means, so I’ll start knitting scarves for black kids STAT.
WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF.
This entitled little brat ACTUALLY thinks she deserves this, doesn’t she?