Man Brags About Getting Past Secret Service At Mar-a-Lago

A Mar-a-Lago guest posted the following to his Instagram account this weekend:

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 5.46.46 PM

“Snuck by secret service to catch this selfie. They might have told us not to go in there,” reads the caption.

The Secret Service has something to say about that:

Those reports are all false,” Secret Service spokeswoman Catherine Milhoan told The Post on Sunday. “No one got past the Secret Service.”

 

A Secret Service source added to the Web site TMZ that guests were allowed in the study.

 

Another guest even posted a photo of himself and his mom in front of the Trump portrait, too.

 

Young eventually deleted his post, but not before it was widely shared on social media, eliciting criticism for the president’s personal guard.

The Secret Service confirmed to TMZ “the guest in question did not breach security by having his pic taken in the Mar-a-Lago study. The Secret Service just said all guests had been fully screened and could freely enter that area.”

Looks to me like the dude was trying to look like a tough guy and didn’t realize his post would be circulated or that it could possibly be a big deal.

It was mostly just a stupid thing to say, but it became a big deal because there have been three different incidents at the White House in the past two weeks; the most recent one being a bomb threat at a security check point last night. Obviously the Secret Service is on high alert right now. As they should be.

Comments

Related Posts